St John’s Innovation Park consists of a 21-acre plot of land, wholly-owned by St John’s College, Cambridge since 1534. Today, the Park provides a campus style setting close to both Cambridge city centre and major transport routes.
St John’s Innovation Centre was the first building to be completed in 1987 and was the first centre of its kind in Europe dedicated to supporting young knowledge-based businesses. Following the success of the Centre, a second phase, Dirac House - now the Dirac wing - was completed in July 1989, and the self-contained Jeffreys Building followed in February 1990. Four further buildings: St John’s House, Edinburgh House and the Vitrum and Platinum buildings, were completed in 2001. More recently the Maurice Wilkes building, positioned at the gateway to the Park, was completed in June 2018.