Other key findings from the survey include:
- Use of Raspberry Pi and Arduino have a similar market share for makers, which suggests that engineers like to use a board they are familiar with from home projects at work.
- About 24 per cent of professionals build their own boards for use with the SBC, demonstrating the benefits of a standard compute platform with custom IO/interface electronics in many applications.
- Reducing time-to-market is a key objective for professionals, with ease of use and familiarity top priorities.
- Only 20 per cent of engineers are using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning in their SBC applications.
- High performance AI and more memory were the most common requests for improvements to SBCs.
- Touchscreens are by far the most popular accessory, however cameras and kits for enhancing power supply via battery or solar panels are also in demand.
- Professional users are much more likely to have customised boards than makers.
Farnell is a longest standing Raspberry Pi partner and has sold more than 15 million units to date. Farnell stocks the complete range of Raspberry Pi single board computers including the recently launched Raspberry Pi Pico, enabling customers to build a wide range of devices for professional, commercial, education or home use.
Article sourced from: https://www.electronicsweekly.com/news/business/raspberry-pi-popular-sbc-2021-09/
Published on: 01.09.21